Established in 2015, Tickmill is an online forex and CFD broker that is regulated in multiple jurisdictions. They provide online trading services to their retail and institutional clients across the globe, offering over 80 tradable instruments across currency pairs, stocks, indices, bonds, metals, energies, and other commodities via flexible trading platforms. The broker offers quality trading conditions, including competitive spreads and commissions, good execution speeds without requotes, prompt customer support services, and helpful trading tools. However, they do not provide enough educational resources.
Tickmill Review Introduction
In this Tickmill review, we will take a look at some of the most important factors worth considering when choosing a forex broker for your online trading needs. This includes trading platforms, trading tools, research and education, account funding options, customer support and broker regulation.
You may also wish to view my best forex brokers based on countless hours that I have spent researching and testing hundreds of brokers, all of which you can see in my forex broker reviews. You can also use my free trading tool to compare forex brokers including Tickmill.
Tickmill Platforms & Tools
Tickmill provides their clients with the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) platform, which is the most popular trading platform among forex traders. MT4 is available as a web trading terminal that runs on most modern browsers, desktop applications for Mac and Windows computers, and mobile apps for iOS and Android compatible devices. The broker also provides a FIX API connection to private and institutional who maintain a minimum account balance of $500,000.
In addition to the tools that come with the trading platforms, the broker provides a selection of useful tools, such as Autochartist, Technical Chart Patterns, Fibonacci Patterns, Volatility Analysis, Key Levels, Market Reports, Performance Statistics, Myfxbook AutoTrade, Economic Calendar, Trading Calculators, Tickmill VPS, and One-Click Trading
Tickmill Research & Education
The broker has an FAQ section on their website, which answers some common trading questions. Apart from that, and probably the news section, there are no education materials provided by this broker.
Tickmill Trading Accounts
The broker offers 3 account types:
- Classic Account: minimum deposit $100, minimum lot size 0.01, max leverage 1:500, floating spreads from 1.6 pips and no commissions
- Pro Account: minimum deposit $100, floating spreads from 0 pips, a $2 commission, minimum lot size 0.01, and max leverage 1:500
- VIP Account: floating spreads from 0 pips, a $1 commission, minimum deposit $50,000, minimum lot size 0.01, max leverage 1:500,
Non-professional EU traders have a maximum leverage of 1:30. There may be additional fees, so check with the broker.
Tickmill Account Funding
Tickmill accepts a good variety of deposit and withdrawal methods, including bank transfer, credit card, and online payment processors, such as Skrill, Neteller, FasaPay, and UnionPay. Bank transfers may take 3-7 business days to be processed, while credit cards and online payment methods are processed in less than a day.
Tickmill Customer Service
Customer support service is available from Monday to Friday during trading hours. Support is offered in English, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Arabic. You can reach the support team via phone, online chat, and email
Tickmill is a brokerage brand operated by 3 related companies within the Tickmill Group, which are regulated in different jurisdictions, as follows:
- Tickmill UK Ltd is authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) — the agency that supervises financial service firms in the UK
- Tickmill Europe Ltd is licensed and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) as a CIF limited company.
- Both Tickmill Uk and Tickmill Europe also abide by the ESMA rules and follow the MiFID II
- Tickmill Ltd is regulated as a securities dealer by the Financial Services Authority (FSA) of Seychelles
Tickmill Review Summary
Tickmill is an online broker that is regulated in multiple jurisdictions. They provide trading services in over 87 instruments via the MT4 platform, offering competitive spreads and commissions, advanced trading tools, and fast executions.
It is worth mentioning that some of the trading products and services in this Tickmill review may differ or not be available to traders in some countries due to regulations. As brokers terms can change over time, please verify all information is up to date directly from the Tickmill broker website which you can visit by using the link below.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. A large percentage of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
- MT4 platform
- Advanced trading tools like Autochartist, Technical Chart Patterns, Fibonacci Patterns, and Volatility Analysis
- A good selection of tradable instruments
- Multi-regulated Broker
- Competitive Trading Conditions