Founded in 2000 and based in India, Sharekhan is a leading Indian brokerage firm. The broker offers forex, futures, options, funds, bonds, stocks, ETFs, and more. They provide their clients with their proprietary trading platforms as well as comprehensive workshops, online education, and market analysis.
In 2016, it was acquired by BNP Paribas, which is a French-based International Bank Group with a presence in 72 countries and has over 30 million customers. Sharekhan has been recognized with awards on several occasions, including the Most Preferred Stock Broker Brand at the Awaaz consumer awards by CNBC Awaaz.
In this Sharekhan review, we will take a look at some of the most important factors worth considering when choosing a broker for your online trading needs. This includes trading platforms, trading tools, research and education, account funding options, customer support and broker regulation.
You may also wish to view my best forex brokers based on countless hours that I have spent researching and testing hundreds of brokers, all of which you can see in my forex broker reviews. You can also use my free trading tool to compare forex brokers including Sharekhan.
Sharekhan provide their traders with a variety of sophisticated trading platforms, they include:
- Dial-N-Trade: This is a service in which clients call dedicated phone lines to place their trades. The broker has teleworkers, who are ready to pick calls at specified times.
- Sharekhan Mini: The trading platform is user-friendly and best suited for traders on a low internet bandwidth with slow connections. It works on all browsers and can be used to place trades on the go.
- Sharekhan App: This is the broker’s main mobile trading platform. It enables traders to monitor and analyze markets as well as place trades on the go, from anywhere in the world. It is available as a mobile app for iOS and Android devices, which is downloadable from their respective app stores.
- Trade Tiger: This is the main proprietary trading platform from Sharekhan. It is available in two versions, namely:
- Trade Tiger (Basic): It has minimal trading tools and can be downloaded on Windows 7 or 8 OS with dual-core, 1GB RAM, and 40 MB Hard disk.
- Trade Tiger 220.127.116.11 (Advanced): This features advanced trading tools; it can be downloaded on Windows 7 and above, Intel dual-core with 2 GB RAM and 1GB Hard disk.
Sharekhan clients also benefit from other useful trading tools, including Trading Signals, Market News, Portfolio Management Services, Pattern Finder, and more.
Sharekhan provides lots of education for both traders and investors. They regularly organize workshops in various locations and also provide comprehensive online trading courses and much more.
The broker has a variety of account types including:
- Trading Accounts: This account enables traders to trade various tradable assets. Shares can be bought and sold via this account.
- Demat Accounts: These accounts enable investors to hold shares and securities in electronic formats.
- Insta MF Accounts: This account allows investors to invest in Mutual funds through paperless online mutual funds account.
Sharekhan accepts cheques and bank transfers. The transfers are normally completed within a day because they are usually local transfers within India.
Sharekhan has customer support attendants who are available from 8 am to 8 pm, Mondays to Fridays. They can be reached via telephone, email, WhatsApp, online webchat, or by filling a ‘Leave a Query’ form, which is available on the website.
Sharekhan is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI).
Sharekhan is an Indian brokerage firm that offers trading and investment opportunities to Indians. Currently owned by BNP Paribas, the broker is regulated by SEBI. The broker has powerful trading platforms, including their proprietary Trade Tiger Platform.
It is worth mentioning that some of the trading products and services in this Sharekhan review may differ or not be available to traders in some countries due to regulations. As brokers terms can change over time, please verify all information is up to date directly from the Sharekhan broker website which you can visit by using the link below.
Trading complex instruments can come with a high risk. You should consider whether you understand how investments and trading work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing all of your money.