Founded in 1974, IG is one of the biggest online brokers in the world and has won multiple awards over the years. They offer over 16,000 tradable products across multiple asset classes, such as forex, indices, stocks, commodities, bonds, metals, energies, and interest rate futures. The broker provides a nice selection of intuitive trading platforms, trading tools, and educational resources and offers competitive trading fees, good execution speed, and negative balance protection. The IG Group is strictly regulated in multiple jurisdictions, and it’s listed on the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
IG Review Introduction
In this IG review, we will take a look at some of the most important factors worth considering when choosing a forex broker for your online trading needs. This includes trading platforms, trading tools, research and education, account funding options, customer support and broker regulation.
You may also wish to view my best forex brokers based on countless hours that I have spent researching and testing hundreds of brokers, all of which you can see in my forex broker reviews. You can also use my free trading tool to compare forex brokers including IG.
IG Platforms & Tools
IG provides their clients with a range of trading platforms to choose from, including their proprietary trading platform, ProRealTime (PRT), L2 Dealer, and the popular MetaTrader 4 (MT4) trading platform, as well as direct market access with FIX API for professional traders. Most of these platforms are available on multiple channels:
- WebTrader via modern web browsers
- Desktop applications for Windows and Mac computers
- Mobile apps for iOS and Android devices
Some of the trading tools provided by this broker include trading alerts, trading signals, Autochartist, PIA-First, and automated trading tools.
IG Research & Education
The broker has a vast collection of research and educational resources in their IG Academy section. Some of the resources include:
- An interactive education with infographics, videos, and end-of-course quizzes
- Webinars and seminars
- Practice trading with the demo account
- IG Academy App for learning on the go
- Trading strategies for insight into trading techniques
- Trading glossary for trading terminologies
IG Trading Accounts
IG offers a range of trading accounts with different features to suit different trader’s needs. These are the account types offered by IG:
- IG Trading Account
- IG Professional Account
- IG Options Trading Account
- IG Turbo24 Trading Account
- Limited Risk Account
- Share Dealing Account
- Swap-free Account
- Exchange Account (NADEX)
- Islam-friendly Swap-free Account on request
The minimum deposit is $250, with up to 1:200 leverage (1:30 for residents of the EU).
IG Account Funding
IG accepts a variety of account funding and withdrawal methods, including bank wire, credit or debit card, and online payment processors such as PayPal. Some of these methods may not be available to all countries, and transaction fees vary with payment method and country of residence.
IG Customer Service
The broker’s customer support team can be reached via email, phone, and online chat, and they are available from Saturday 8 a.m. to Friday 10 p.m. You can also reach them on Twitter.
IG is a brokerage brand used by many affiliates of the IG Group in different parts of the world, so they are regulated by financial authorities in many countries, including:
- The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) and the National Futures Association (NFA) in the US
- Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin) in Germany
- Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA) in Switzerland
- Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)
- Financial Markets Authority (FMA) in New Zealand
- Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
- Japanese Financial Services Authority (JFSA)
- Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) of South Africa
- Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA)
IG Review Summary
IG is a multiple award-winning broker and certainly one of the biggest brokers in the world. They offer a wide range of tradable assets and provide multiple flexible and user-friendly trading platforms, helpful trading tools, and a huge selection of educational resources. The broker is regulated in multiple jurisdictions.
It is worth mentioning that some of the trading products and services in this IG review may differ or not be available to traders in some countries due to regulations. As brokers terms can change over time, please verify all information is up to date directly from the IG broker website which you can visit by using the link below.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. A large percentage of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.