Founded in 2010 and registered in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, FortFS is an online broker that offers a range of powerful trading platforms for multiple devices. The broker offers over 500 instruments across different asset classes, including Forex, indices, stocks, CFDs, Cryptocurrency, ETFs, and commodities for trading on its platforms. The brand operates the straight-through processing (STP) brokerage model with reasonable trade execution speeds starting from 0.1 seconds, achieved through the interbank ECN liquidity.
They have won over 25 trading awards for their services, including the Best ECN/STN Forex Broker and the Best Execution Broker in 2015 and 2017 respectively.
FortFS Review Introduction
In this FortFS review, we will take a look at some of the most important factors worth considering when choosing a forex broker for your online trading needs. This includes trading platforms, trading tools, research and education, account funding options, customer support and broker regulation.
You may also wish to view my best forex brokers based on countless hours that I have spent researching and testing hundreds of brokers, all of which you can see in my forex broker reviews. You can also use my free trading tool to compare forex brokers including FortFS.
FortFS Platforms & Tools
The broker provides clients with up to 4 flexible trading platforms:
- NinjaTrader: A professional trading software designed by NinjaTrader Group LLC in 2003. The platform has a lot of complex tools for chart analysis, advanced trading, trading system development, and over 1000 plugin apps. The minimum deposit required to use the platform is $10,000. It is only available as a downloadable Windows desktop application.
- CQG Trader: Requires a minimum deposit of $15,000 before a client can have access to the platform. The platform offers fast execution speeds and direct access to trade on multiple exchanges. It is available to clients as a WebTrader and the CQG mobile apps which are downloadable for Android and iOS devices from relevant app stores.
- MT4 Platform: This is one of the most popular trading platforms used by traders all over the world. The platform is user-friendly and versatile, with lots of tools for trading and conducting market analysis. It is available as MT4 desktop for windows, MT4 mobile app, MT4 WebTrader, and the MT4 multiterminal, which trades multiple accounts in one click.
- MT5 Platform: This is very similar to the MT4 platform and comes with the same core features as the MT4 plus additional capabilities and new features. The FortFS MT5 is available as WebTrader, mobile apps for Android and iOS devices, and also as desktop applications on Windows and MAC OS.
The broker also provides clients with additional trading tools, such as the virtual private server (VPS), Traders’ Calculator, Short Term Assets Revenue (S.T.A.R), Financial Calendar, Fundamental & Technical Analysis, Trading signals, and CopyTrading.
FortFS Research & Education
The broker’s website has an educational section that contains lessons and training articles on forex, trading platforms, technical and fundamental analysis, trading psychology, and automated trading. There is also a glossary of forex trading terminologies and their detailed explanations.
FortFS Trading Accounts
The following trading account types are available at FortFS:
- Newbie: A minimum deposit of $5, floating spreads that start from 0.3 pips, and maximum leverage of 1:1000.
- Fort: The minimum deposit is $5 and maximum leverage is 1:1000. It offers fixed spreads from 2 pips on forex.
- Flex: A minimum deposit of $5 and floating spreads that start from 0.3 pips.
- Pro: This account is for professionals. It has ECN liquidity. The minimum deposit is $500, and there is a commission of $9 on trades.
Demo accounts are available on the NinjaTrader but expire after two weeks.
FortFS Account Funding
The Broker offer clients a range of account funding and withdrawal options namely: Debit/credit cards, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Skrill, QIWI, Neteller, FasaPay, and local transfers. The transaction limits and processing time vary, depending on the payment method used.
FortFS Customer Service
The FortFS customer support team works from 5 am to 11 pm, Mondays to Fridays. They can be reached via phone, email, and online webchat.
Fort Financial Services Ltd is incorporated in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines as an international business company with registration number 25307 BC 2019. The broker is also licensed by The International Financial Services Commission of Belize with an international financial brokerage license, IFSC/60/256/TS/17 issued on 15 April, 2013.
FortFS Review Summary
Founded in 2010 and regulated by IFSC Belize, FortFS is an award-winning Broker that provides multiple trading platforms for their clients across multiple devices.
It is worth mentioning that some of the trading products and services in this FortFS review may differ or not be available to traders in some countries due to regulations. As brokers terms can change over time, please verify all information is up to date directly from the FortFS broker website which you can visit by using the link below.
CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. A large percentage of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.